Biltmore Park’s Neighborhood Cocktail Bar
Located in South Asheville at Biltmore Park:
2 Town Square Blvd #160
Asheville, NC, 28803
Monk’s Flask Cocktail List
- The Aviation was created by Hugo Ensslin, head bartender at the Hotel Wallick in New York, in the early twentieth century and represents the emergence of gin sour style cocktails.
- Gordon's Gin, Luxardo Maraschino Liqueur, Creme de Violette, Lemon Juice, Simple Brandied Cherry
- The basic recipe for a daiquiri is similar to the grog British sailors drank aboard ships from the 1740s as a means of preventing scurvy, but also said to originate from an American engineer during the Spanish-American war in Cuba. All bartenders must be measured by how well they can produce the perfect Daiquiri.
- Cruzan Estate Dark, Lime juice, Simple Syrup
- Puerto Rico officially proclaimed the cocktail its national drink in 1978 and National Piña Colada Day is still celebrated on the islands every July 10th.
- Cruzan Estate Dark, Lime Juice Coco Lopez, Pineapple Juice, Elemakule Tiki Bitters, Angostura Bitters
- Like many prohibition-era cocktails, the Bee's Knees was invented as a way to hide the scent and flavor of poor quality homemade spirits, in this case bathtub gin. The addition of honey was considered bizarre by some at the time, since sugar is more usual.
- Gordon's Gin, Lemon juice, Honey Syrup, Lavender Bitters
- The Boulevardier is ascribed to Erskine Gwynne, an American-born writer who founded a monthly magazine in Paris called Boulevardier, which appeared from 1927 to 1932. This is truly the American Negroni.
- Old Grand-Dad Bourbon, Dolin Rouge, Campari
Dark 'n' Stormy
- When the seamen and women retire from the Royal Naval Dockyard for an evening drink, the beverage they'll most likely have in hand is the Dark 'n' Stormy, the unofficial drink of Bermuda and of the global boating and sailing community.
- Goslings Black Seal Rum, Lime Juice, Ginger syrup, Soda Water
- The margarita was first mixed in Juárez Chihuahua at Tommy's Place Bar on July 4, 1942 by Francisco "Pancho" Morales. The Flask version includes a naturally complementing agave nectar and fresh lime juice with a pinch of salt.
- Sauza Blue Tequila, Harlequin Orange Liqueur, Lime Juice, Agave Nectar, Salt
- Long before the days of Pre-Prohibition style cocktails, our forbearers enjoyed colonial drams that defined how they lived. This classic rum flip is a winter delight sure to sooth the most ardent patriot.
- Cruzan Estate Rum, Coco Norm Porter Reduction, Pumpkin Butter/Asian Pear Shrub,Lemon Juice, Xocolatl Mole Bitters, Whole Egg, Nutmeg, Mesquite Char
Captain of Industry
- Our bold rye whiskey sipper cocktail, balanced with herbaceous and citrus notes, then smoked for the robber baron in you. Smoking jacket sold separately.
- Old Overholt Rye, Green Chartreuse, Harlequin Orange Liqueur, Coco Norm Porter Reduction, Turbinado, Gin Barrel Aged Orange Bitters, Walnut Bitters
The Mighty Sovereign
- Tequila and grapefruit are epic together, but add the hoppy notes of Screaming Monk IPA, and this balanced, sophisticated cocktail becomes truly mighty. Served over a grapefruit hopped ice cube.
- Sauza Blue Tequila, St. Germain Cointreau, Screaming Monk IPAGrapefruit Juice, Lime Juice, Peychaud's Bitters, Grapefruit Hopped Ice, Colonial Salt
Ne Me Quitte Pas
- French for “Don't leave me,” this daisy is our ode to Jerry Thomas, as he might have sipped a cocktail on the Champs-Élysées. Classic French floral notes combine with the botanical notes of gin and tart raspberries.
- Citadelle Gin, Salers Gentiane, Lillet Blanc, Raspberry Shrub, Laird's Applejack, Lemon Juice, Peychaud's bittes
Death by Zen
- Monk's Flask takes you to a serene monastery on Mount Fuji with this hot, Japanese whisky-style toddy, served in a Saki glass from a tea kettle.
- Suntori Toki Whisky, Smoked Shiitake Shrub, Asian Pear/Honey/Ginger Shrub, Green Tea
New Moneyed Savant
- The gin martini is the quintessential cocktail, and at Monk's Flask, we pay homage to our classic roots by balancing three styles of vermouth with a botanical French gin, wash of Absinthe, and homemade Easy Gose bitters.
- Citadelle Gin, Dolin Blanc, Dolin Dry, Cocchi Americano, Lucid Absinthe, Easy Gose Bitters
- Utilizing the smokiness of a fine Mezcal and Tequila, we soak both with the umami, briny, goodness of smokehouse ham, and then add spicy ginger, sweet honey and lime juice.Finish with a touch of heat with Hellfire bitters.
- Sombra Mezcal, Sauza Blue Tequila, Smokehouse Ham, Honey Nectar, Ginger Shrub, Lime Juice, Hellfire Bitters